Friday, December 26, 2008

And so this was Christmas...

I tried to stay in good spirits, I really did. But honestly, Christmas means practically nothing to me anymore. If anything, the holiday reeks of family issues, attempts to burden others with gifts, shitty weather, and did I mention family issues? Throw in the nice surprise of coming down with what I assume is Strep Throat (ruining whatever plans I may have had for the day, and possibly disrupting my departure for Orlando this weekend), and yeah... Christmas sucks.

Would have been nice to had opened up one present this holiday, but I'm over it. I spent it with Lola, we had some quality time together. Maybe one day when I'm in a committed relationship, I'll find some joy in the season again. Until then... bah humbug.

Oh yes, and I'm sick of the family issues. Treat me with respect, and you'll get it back with interest. Just because we're related by blood doesn't automatically give you a free pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment